Cleaning Tips to Combat Spills and Stains
The party season is here – family get-togethers, Christmas Parties and New Year’s Bashes – and if this year it has fell on your household to hold the shindig there a few things that are inevitable. Apart from a rigorous cooking schedule, perforated ear drums and Uncle Dave having just one to many mulled wines, it’s fair to say that your floor will take a lot of the hardship.
At Welwyn Carpet Mills, we pride ourselves on our range of carpets, Karndean and laminate flooring in Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield and Stevenage. We offer a range of flooring that can meet your every requirement and dimension, and with a collective gathering of over 90 years’ experience, there is no problem we cannot manage.
Our knowledgeable team can offer excellent advice on any related questions and can offer a tailored solution for you. A common problem people face is how to keep their flooring looking as new as they day it was fitted. It’s foreseeable that food, drink and other substances will no doubt get spilled or dropped as the party goes into the night. Here are a few tips to keeping those spills and stains at bay.
As the gasps are heard and the smash of glass silences the room, it can mean only one thing. As you roll your eyes, remember these things;
• Dab any surplus spillage so as to prevent it from spreading
• Be sure to work from the outer of the stain inwards, again reducing the risk of it spreading and keeping the damage minimal.
• First use a dry cloth in order to soak up the spill.
• If necessary, you can use a Detergent Vinegar Solution sparingly to really attack the spillage.
• A proven final-rinse mixture of one part vinegar and 4 parts water can be sprayed over the stain and then blotted with a dry cloth and mopped up with dry kitchen towel.
• If the spill is on laminate flooring, kitchen towel can often do the trick but be sure to treat the area afterwards to reduce that chance of a stain.
• With food, attempt to scrape up the excess with a blunt knife before using a detergent solution and ammonia solution alternately, blot drying in-between. Apply the final-rinse procedure.
• Make sure the area is completely dry, distinguishing any hazard it may cause.
With these tips in mind, you’ll be well on the way to a relaxing party season even if the odd drink or plate of food ends up on your carpet!
Posted by Editor